This is an 8-hour long training, during which the theoretical part is taught mixed with mini experiments by students or by one of the instructors and followed by a practical part. Two fire experiments will be conducted.
Training plan :
Duration : 8 hours
Maximum number of participants :
Type of training :
Equipment required per participant:
Full turnout gear and breathing apparatus plus 1 spare bottle.
Equipment provided with the training:
NFPA 1403 certified instructors, a mobile simulator that complies with the 1402 NFPA norm, burning wood, a thermal camera, a student guide.
Teaching materials used:
PowerPoint presentation, a mini-laboratory as experience
Participation Certificate issued by au Coeur-Des-Vallées school board or school by Notre Dame de Foy (CNDF) Fire Academy.
Space required by the client:
A training room or vehicle bay at the fire station, a practical training area detached from all buildings, a steel container for fire debris and chemical toilets, if need be.
- Building construction and fire resistance
- Understanding the 3 families of thermal phenomena
- Reviewing flashovers (signs), backdrafts (signs), fire gas ignitions (Flashfire and smoke explosion)
- Knowing the five dangers of C.O.M.I.X smoke
- Understanding and anticipating the Flowpath trajectory
- Experiencing and understanding that smoke is an active body
- Experiencing backdrafts with our mini-simulator
- Experiencing flash fires with the mobile simulator
- Reading smoke
- Reading the building
- Passing on knowledge needed to safely intervene