Grain Bin Rescue:
This is a 30-hour long training session on Grain Bin Rescue depending on the operational reality of the Fire Department.
Duration: 30 hours
Maximum number of participants:
Type of training:
Equipment required per participant:
Height Rescue gear and materials, practice location
Equipment provided with the training:
Instructors recognized at the BA 5322 level of Fire training, Grain Bin Rescue equipment rental.
Teaching materials used:
PowerPoint presentation, introduction of the rescue materials.
Notre Dame de Foy (CNDF) Fire Academy campus, FORMARISK.
Space required by the client:
A training room or vehicle bay at the fire station, indoor or outdoor training area.
- Understanding what a rescue is
- Role and responsibility
- Working with rescue materials
- Performing basic maintenance and basic checks of rescue equipment
- Understanding and applying different anchors
- Recognizing and anticipating the dangers of a rescue operation
- Review detection and measurement
- Understanding the principles of Trench Rescue
- Knowledge of the agricultural environment