Transient Attacks Versus Flow Paths:
This training includes a theoretical part that covers the Three Families of Thermal Phenomena, Transient Attacks, Flow Paths as well as an introduction to Smoke Reading.
Training plan :
Duration : 4 hours
Maximum number of participants :
Type of training :
Equipment required per participant:
Full turnout gear
Equipment provided with the training :
NFPA 1403 certified instructors, a mobile simulator that complies with the 1402 NFPA norm, burning wood, a thermal camera, a student guide.
Teaching materials used:
PowerPoint presentation, a mini-laboratory as experience
Participation Certificate issued by au Coeur-Des-Vallées school board or school by Notre Dame de Foy (CNDF) Fire Academy.
Space required by the client:
A training room or vehicle bay at the fire station, a practical training area detached from all buildings, a steel container for fire debris and chemical toilets, if need be.
- Understanding the 3 families of thermal phenomena
- Knowing the five dangers of C.O.M.I.X smoke
- Understanding Transient Attacks
- Understanding and anticipating Flow Paths trajectories
- Having a basic knowledge of Smoke Reading
- Having a basic knowledge of Builfing Reading
- Knowing how to safely enter a room or builfing
- Passing on knowledge needed to safely intervene