Water Rescue (Cold Water Boarding):
This is a 45-hour long training session on a boat and on ice depending on the operational reality of the Fire Department.
Duration : 45 hours
Maximum number of participants:
Type of training:
Equipment required per participant:
Height Rescue gear and materials, practice location
Equipment provided with the training:
Instructors recognized at the BA 5322 level of Fire training, Height Rescue equipment rental.
Teaching materials used:
PowerPoint presentation, introduction of the rescue materials.
Notre Dame de Foy (CNDF) Fire Academy campus, Ministry of Education (MELS) DVS 5322.
Space required by the client:
A training room or vehicle bay at the fire station, indoor or outdoor training area.
- Understanding Water Rescue
- Role and responsibility
- Working with rescue materials
- Performing basic maintenance and basic checks of height rescue equipment
- Understanding and applying different anchors
- Recognizing and anticipating the dangers of Water Rescue